For expecting moms; prenatal massage offers a myriad of health benefits.
- Headache relief by focusing massage on the head, neck, & shoulders. In addition, maintaining optimal levels of stress relief through massage reduces the chances of migraines or tension headaches.
- Massage relives muscle tension created by carrying the extra weight of a baby by encouraging blood flow. This provides more nutrient-rich oxygen & also increases the flow of lymphatic fluid.
- Fatigue, backaches, leg cramps & edema can also be relieved through prenatal massage.
- Reduce symptoms of anxiety as well as depression.
- During a massage your body releases serotonin which in turn improves digestion, mood, sleep, & nausea.
Post Natal Info
Depending on the conditions during the delivery, some women feel up to a massage a week or so after a natural delivery. We recommend waiting 4-6 weeks or more if you received a C-section in addition to a Doctor’s written approval.
Your health and safety is important to us. Check with your doctor to determine the best time to receive a massage following your delivery. Women considered a “high-risk” pregnancy should always consult their physician before receiving massage therapy.
A massage is a great gift for expecting moms. Purchase a Gift Certificate.