BENEFITS OF PRENATAL MASSAGE
- Headaches can be relieved by massage focusing on the head, neck & shoulders. In addition, maintaining optimal levels of stress relief through massage reduces the chances of migraines or tension headaches by relaxing trigger points & muscle spasms.
- Muscle tension created by carrying the extra weight of a baby can be relieved by encouraging blood flow to the afflicted areas. This provides more nutrient-rich oxygen & also increases the flow of lymphatic fluid, which sweeps away toxins & metabolic waste.
- Fatigue, backaches, leg cramps & swelling/edema can all be relieved through various types of massage for pregnant women.
- The ordinary aches & pains of pregnancy are countered by the release of serotonin, your body’s natural anti-pain chemical, which is stimulated by massage.
Post Natal Info
Depending on the conditions during the delivery, some women feel up to a massage a week or so after a natural delivery. Women who required or received a “C-section” are recommended to wait 4- 6 weeks or more upon doctor’s written approval. Check with your doctor to determine the best time to receive a massage following your delivery. Massage is also beneficial to the baby as well. Infant Massage can promote bonding; help alleviate colic, & contribute to the baby’s overall health. Ask about the Infant Massage information available at the studio.
• Women considered a “high-risk” pregnancy should consult their physician before receiving massage therapy